Last update: 23.03.2023
Synapse Team LLC (“Company,” “Upwex team”, “We” and “’Us”) operates the https://upwex.io/ (the “Website”), our Upwex Chrome Extension available through our Website, Google Chrome Web Store and Pipedrive Marketplace (collectively, the “Services”). This page informs our users (“you” and “your”) of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Services and the choices you have associated with that data.
By using the Services, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with the data practices described in this Policy, you should not use the Services.
Detailed information on the subject of data protection can be found below.
Data we collect
We collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Services.
Information We Collect Directly from You. The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services. Information we collect may include:
- Identification data (e.g. email address and professional address, name, etc.);
- Economic and financial data (e.g. bank account number, verification code, etc.);
- If you contact us, we collect records and copies of your correspondence, including email addresses and other contact information.
- While you are navigating the Site or using the Services, we may also collect your search queries or information about your viewing history.
- Any information you are willing to communicate.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect information about your use of our Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information.
For more information on cookies management, please consult our Cookies Policy.
Information We Collect from Other Entities. To provide the Services, we may collect information, including personal information, about you from third-party sources, such as business customers, service providers, marketing partners, data analytics providers, advertising networks, data brokers, data aggregators, or other third parties. Information we collect may be combined with other information we have collected about you in order to provide our Services, complete requests you have made, or facilitate transactions you have initiated via the Services.
We store the information that we receive from third parties with other information that we collect from you or receive about you. The third-party platform controls the information it collects from you. For information about how third-party platforms may use and disclose your information, including any information you make public, please look at their respective privacy policies. We have no control over how any third-party uses or discloses the personal information it collects about you.
Our Services does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to other sites
Use of data
Purposes for your personal information is stored
- To provide you with our services available on our Website
- To perform operations related to contracts, invoices and customer relationship management
- To improve our services
- To send newsletters, requests and direct marketing mailings
- To answer to your information request and other inquiries
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- To elaborate analytics to measure our audience
- To verify that you meet the eligibility requirements for purchasing or receiving our Services
- To process data subjects’ requests to exercise their rights
- Where we believe necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, and in situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of our Policy.
Legal basis of personal information storage
- Performance of a contract to which you are party
- Our legitimate interest in developing and promoting our business, improving our services
- Our legitimate interest in responding to your requests and keeping records of them
- Legal and regulatory obligations
- Your consent
Company will retain your Personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
We will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
In some cases, we choose to retain certain information (e.g., insights about Services use) in a depersonalized or aggregated form.
You can make a specific request and be assured that your data is not being misused for anything other than the legitimate purpose for which it was originally provided.
Disclosure of data
We may disclose your Personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public
- To protect against legal liability.
Recipients of data
Will have access to your personal data:
- The staff of our company;
- Our processors: hosting provider, CRM tool, mailing provider, Cloud service provider;
- If applicable: public and private organizations, exclusively to comply with our legal obligations.
Data subject rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Company aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
Right to information and access. You can ask us for information about what personal data is being processed and the rationale for such processing. We ensure your right to get access to your personal data that is being processed.
Right to rectification. You can ask us for modifications to your personal data in case you believe that your personal data is not up to date or accurate.
Right to withdraw consent. You can withdraw a previously given consent for the processing of your personal data for a purpose.
Right to be forgotten. You can ask for the deletion of their data. This applies to situations where you would like to stop using our Services.
Right for data portability. You can ask to transfer of your personal data. The personal data will be provided or transferred in a machine-readable electronic format.
Right in relation to automated decision making and profiling. You have the right to not be subject to entirely automatic profiling algorithms. If any such algorithms are used, you have the right to know details of their operation.
All the requests regarding the data subject rights should be sent in a written form by the user or its legal representative by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
If you’re a California resident, you have certain privacy rights under California law, including the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
We take all necessary measures to protect your information from unauthorised or accidental access, destruction, modification, blocking, copying, distribution, as well as from other illegal actions of third parties. All Data is protected using appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures.
But please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.